In a Spanish Garden

16 August 2011

This is not a big piece, but it feels as though it has taken quite a long time to finish.  In many ways July and August (so far) have been frustrating months.  There is so much going on in my 'other lives' that I have had hardly any time, and more importantly, hardly any energy to be creative.

But I did manage to get to the Festival of Quilts this weekend.  It was great to catch up with Stefanie Redfern and see her stunning, and award winning, 'book' The Stone Bird.  Unfortunately, because of the crush I was not able to take photos, but as many of my photos on the day failed to come out perhaps this is no bad thing.

Anyway, here is 'In a Spanish Garden'.  Again, this is using my favourite material of the moment, tissue paper.  It was bonded with diluted PVA to a thin cotton, then coloured using procion dyes.  The images were 'stamped' using hand made stamps and acrylic paint, some sweetie papers were collaged and then the piece was machine embroidered through a layer of synthetic organza.  Finally the beads were added by hand (I did this on holiday!).



If your are returning to this page, then I have posted a new photo as the first one was  a bit wonky, and blurred. I think this one is a bit better!

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.