I had this problem on the first City and Guilds course I did - scaling up! Frankly, the ironing board, the kitchen work surfaces and the sewing room are just not the right environment for printing 1 m of fabric.
My problems (with a meter of fabric - not evidence on an A3 size)
- The freezer paper did not stick properly and came away with the print block.
- Laying out the freezer paper into a regular pattern was nigh impossible on the ironing board
- I ended up having to print on the the kitchen floor and the floor tiles have left an imprint on the fabric.
- The print block (using the wall paper method on my last post) just looks messy on 1 m of fabric
- I have had to drape the fabric loosely over furniture in the sewing room to dry (which I hope it does today so that I can overprint this evening)
- I should have made the back ground design with a screen print - but I just cannot register screen printing when I am repeating!
- I need a printing table!!!
- This would have been more satisfactory if we had been allowed to do digital printing for the final piece
I am so up against it! The portfolio is still not finished and needs more work and I don't think I have time to do another meter of fabric (though I might dye a meter later and I could used the lino cut print block that I have done).
There - my pain. And I feel a bit better!!
No photos (if it all works I will show you the finished piece).