But before I deal with that a quick look at some work that Daughter No 1 has been doing - a stunning little family of cloth dolls.
These are very cute and rather charming.
She does not have an Etsy shop running yet, but when she does I will let you all know.
In my own creative world I am trying to get all my ducks in a row for 'Dislocation', the 2014 Festival of Quilts Contemporary Quilt Group challenge.
Some while ago I sorted out the image I will be using and today I auditioned the paints!
Dislocation is going to be more of the traditional quilt rather than a framed embroidery. But, if you stop by my blog regularly, you will know that I tend not to be what you would call a traditional quilter. So you won't be surprised to learn that I will be using tissue as the substrate for the quilt. And I need to colour the tissue.
Out came my favourite box of paints - the Fresco Finish Chalk paints I've been telling you so much about lately. I wanted to work out which paints to use for the background on the tissue paper.
I took out my sketchbook, marking the pages roughly into 4. Then I took my paints. One group are more acidic in colour. These were Chartreuse, Tango, Yellow Submarine and Limelight.
The other group are of a more earthy tone - Tikka, Hey Pesto, Hyde Park and Seaweed.
Then I printed out my images on paper and tried them out against the various colours - hence the auditioning. As well as being useful for the blog, though I have only given you a sample here, the photos help make the decision. I think I kind of know where I am heading with this now, certainly in terms of colour.
So I will report back soon with progress.
ps sorry about the way the photos are organised. I was trying to be helpful here - but think it just looks messy. I will leave it as it is for now and try again on another post!