Hampshire Open Studios - the first instalment.

4 October 2017

It seems ages ago now, but I owe you a report on Hampshire Open Studios.

As you may know if you pop by from time to time, I have been showing regularly at Bucks Open Studios.  

It all started here, a little explanation as to how I got into Open Studios. Andy my first outing in 2015 was a great success. 

And then we went on to have a bigger show in central Milton Keynes in 2016 which you can read about here.  


But, why stick to just one Open Studio when you can do two? 

As you may know, if you pop back here from time to time, I am split between two counties - Hampshire, where I live, and Buckinghamshire, where I work (doing the day job). 

And my lovely friends Rob and Andy (they crop up here often - I should perhaps introduce you properly one day) decided that they would throw open the doors of their lovely home for Hampshire Open Studios. Would I like to join in?  Well, of course I would! 

So a sunny Thursday in August found me and Jane Willingale of Loudware doing a transformation of  the kiln room. 




Jane is a lovely and very well established artist. You can read about her varied art career here.  I was honoured to be be hanging my work alongside hers.

And here is an example of her very distinctive style, though I should say that she is no longer doing pottery (I think her kiln room is now a bathroom!) but still does prints and makes fabulous jewellery.


As well as Rob and Andy's wonderful bone china, we also had the most amazing wall hangings by Malisa Sledmere. You can read about her recent outing at Aspex Gallery in Portsmouth here.

So, for your delectation, here are a few pictures from the wonderful, wonderful Hampshire Open Studios.

There is too much for just one post, so I think I am going to spread this report out over two.

Let's start with some of the wonderful bone china designs by our lovely hosts.


The shelves in the studio are packed with delicious goodies. Honestly, I could easily have filled the boot of my car with more.  Just look at some of these colours.










The mugs hang in ordered rows, and they are very tempting. Rob had to fire the kiln up a couple of times during Open Studios as the mugs rather flew out!


And glorious handmade cards.


As well as their glorious china, Rob and Andy also do garden terracotta pots. 











If you are tempted by any of this, then you can buy the china from their web site here.  They are also regular visitors to the Winchester Art and Design Market.  You will find them near Russell and Bromley.



We were blessed with wonderful summer weather so we were able to offer tea and cake on the verandah and it also gave some of us a fabulous sun bathing opportunity!


And just look at the stunning display. 





It is a glorious garden - and if you are in the Gosport area they welcome visitors who would like to browse the china. Best give them a ring first in case they are out walking the dog!

I will leave you here. But there is more so pop back for the next instalment soon.

4 comments

  1. Some lovely work, glad it wentwell & the sun shone on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had beautiful, glorious summer weather. Not too hot, puffy white clouds in the sky. Just perfect.

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised the china flew out the door, it's beautiful and lots of fun too. Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.