I said I would get the sewing machine out .......

16 November 2014

I said I would get the sewing machine out. 

I did not manage to get stitching done on both pieces but here is the first, well on the way. 

I have put a mount in front of it to help me gauge the effect. 


The stitching was done over polyester organza which I then burnt away with a soldering iron, because that was less fiddly than using scissors and you can get close to the stitching. 

It's coming together, but still needs some more work. 

I need to let it rest now for a while.  It may need a bit of beading, some hand stitching or some more machine stitching. I'm not sure yet. 

Watch this space. 

1 comment

  1. Resting for a while is so helpful ... And you've got all those other pieces to work on while your thoughts clear.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.