First of all there is the next phase of Horizons - nothing more to report since I painted the text, but I have an idea how I will progress that and in particular how I will attached the painted words.
Secondly I have to crack on with the journal quilts - I have got four to do for the next part of the challenge.
Thirdly I have set myself the task to finish at least one book wrap. There will be a tombola at this years Festival of Quilts and the Contemporary Quilt group are organising it and looking for book wraps. I feel I should be able to get at least one completed.
So I assembled my tools - some dyed fabric (I think it was a shibori experiment gone wrong) an old print block I made a couple of years ago ( craft foam mounted on card - above) and a new print block, a present from my daughter, below.
|The pattern from the new print block.|
|The print from the home made print block.|
Then I used placed organza over the printed surface and, using acrylic felt as a wadding, got quilting.
I have nearly finished the quilting. Then I might just take the hot gun to it and do a bit of burning. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
Then there is a present for a friend getting married in July. I am give a reading and I think the poem I am reading would be a lovely present. But I need to 'mount' it in some way. Mixed media could be the answer.
So I have started to prepare the background paper.
So much to do and so little time! (bother this day job mularky - I think I may have said that before!)