Art and Quilts, cogitations thereon: But I can't draw ( the dreaded Dword)

12 September 2014

Bloomin' 'eck! 

The Misses Kemshall and Rainbow have been setting a challenge - a drawing a day for September.  

Well I've failed dismally. 

I have an excuse - my holiday. Ok, I took the iPad but the wifi was dodgy, hence blog reading slipped and so by the time I caught up we were well into September. ( that's my excuse anyways!) 

So, we started here - Avila, Spain. 


 And I did take a little sketch book so I drew this. 


And then we moved onto a castle just north of Salamanca. Really, a proper castle with a moat and everything ( and, trust me, the wifi definitely couldn't cope with those thick walls!) 




And I sketched this 


But since I've been back I have failed miserably to do any more. I've been full of good intentions, but somehow the execution of those intentions has foundered. 

And the draughtsman ship of Linda and Annabel is, well, breathtaking. 

But then I found this, which I am going to print off and frame.

Art and Quilts, cogitations thereon: But I can't draw

Best drawing tips I've ever come across. 

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.