I should also be doing some work on the Dislocation quilt for FOQ (months away, but it will catch up with me) but instead got side tracked.
I found some more boxes - and can you guess what I was thinking?
Yep - more book covers. But this time I am going to try a different binding technique.
So these two I have left intact - the side of the original box will be the spine of these books (elsewhere I am researching book binder stitches)
And the third one will have a fabric spine. Not quite sure how that will work yet.
And then I cut a new stencil.
And had a play ( a bronze acrylic onto fabric)
And then I got out the Gelli plate and had a bit more of a play (fruit packaging over the plate and printing through it)
And then I tried a new stamp (bargain basement bin at Hobbycraft)
And more acrylic paint on more fabric - the stencil I cut for the book cover. But I do like it.
For the record, my decorated fabric stash is getting a bit low and I am going to try inking these from the back. A suggestion from Chloe Redfern.
I'll let you know how I get on.