Russian Inspiration

10 August 2015


As you know, if the day job gets a bit much I can find it difficult to make time to create work (or even do sketch booking - though I do try!)

Then, if you pop by this little bit of bogland from time to time, I go off on little web wanders, read blogs etc.

And I found this on the Paperartsy blog.



Now this might not be your style, but it is the process that I found very interesting. It is based on Russian imagery.  Worth having a look if you are a painter. 

The whole of the base colour is gold, and then other colours are added on top but leaving some of the gold exposed. And because many Fresco paints are translucent the gold shows through.

I might give this a try in my sketch book.

(Note: if the link does not work try pasting this address into your browser

http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2015/08/2015-14-inspired-by-russia-by-liz-borer.html )




2 comments

  1. Hi there,
    Just catching up. The link you have after Russian Imagery in the text doesn't seem to go anywhere.
    Could you have another go and let me know?
    Sandy in Bracknell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy - I have put the link in again and actually pasted the link for you to copy into your browser if the link is still faulty. Let me know how you get on.

      Hilary xxx

      Delete

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.