Birthday cards and sketchbook pages

22 October 2016


I needed a birthday card in a hurry. 

So I assembled two cards using materials in my stash. The one on the left used a snippet of old map. The one on the right used paper textured with gesso and coloured with paints and inks. 


I used 'ribbon' made from snippets of fine fabrics sandwiched between dis-solvable fabric and machine stitched. 


And I have added colour using Inktense pencils to that sketch book page. I don't think I've showed you that. 


Quite pleased with the effect. I'm seriously tempted to get a couple of sketchbook pages printed up into some fabric. However, they aren't repeat patterns. Have you ever tried that? If so, how successful was it?










2 comments

  1. Lovely to see you work. it is always an inspiration. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. Very kind and reaffirming of you to say so.

      Delete

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.