Using marbled papers and fabrics

2 June 2011

I am working on a sketch book based on Seville.  It is a long term project and has been a work in progress for months (spare moments grabbed in the evening after work if I am not too tired and the dog allows it).  I will come back to it, but for now here are a couple of images worked over marbled backgrounds.


This first one marbled on paper and was stamped using a home made stamp made from sticky foam circles stuck onto card.  I stamped it using gold ink and then mounted the paper onto acrylic felt before freehand embroidery.


This sample was marbled onto calico, stamped in the same way using a green stamp pad, mounted onto felt  and then some embroidery stitches from my machine were used.  

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.