Very exciting!

25 April 2013


I've just participated in a Webinar!

Now - how cool is that? 

Made doubly cool by the fact that this very cool gal presented the Webinar and it was hosted by these cool people. (OK - enough with all the 'cools' now!)

Right - I might need to explain a bit!   

A webinar is an on line seminar or conference.  Basically the participants are given a login to a hosting site for a given time (sometimes with a live telephone call as well so that it is truly interactive) and the presenter or trainer can then deliver a presentation (usually using Power Point) and 'talk' just as if they were giving a presentation in a face to face class room.  If you are interested you can find out more here

We use Webinars at the day job (not very professionally - but it is my job to try to lead my colleagues kicking and screaming into the 21st Century) and indeed I have been known to host them myself.  But this one was made all the more exciting because I was joining from "Across The Pond".  (I had to find a website that converted BST into Eastern Time!  They were sitting in New York at 2pm - or at least Julie was - and I was sipping a glass of white wine at 7pm).

And the topic?  Well it was all about Blogging!  So how appropriate that I am blogging about it!

Julie knows her stuff!  A lot was common sense, but a lot was really good solid information about how to build a blog if you are an artist.  I took copious notes and I will try to put some of this stuff into practice to improve my own blogging.

But meanwhile, head over to Julie Fei-Fan Balzar's site to see what is going on in NYC and to see how a real pro does it.





3 comments

  1. Hmmmm... I may have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kit, the experience was really positive and I would definitely recommend joining such an event. But I can really see how it could be dire without a professional presenter. They seem to have the knack - Julie Belzar and the CPS team.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.