We're on a roll!

16 July 2014

Dislocation: Abcission III  has been juried in to the gallery with the contemporary quilt group at the Festival of quilts in Birmingham in August.

Quietly, I am thrilled!

Even more experienced Quilters it seems were not selected. So as well as being thrilled, I am also very honoured and slightly humbled.

And then the other bit of news was that the bride signed off the wording about Afternoon Tea.  So I have got to crack on and finish those little pieces ready for the wedding at the beginning of August.

Oh, and there is one more bit of news! Horizons : al- Zahara, the quilt I made for last years CQ Gallery, has been invited to go on its travels again. I need to do a little bit of repair work before I send it on its next journey because the tissue paper on which it is quilted is getting a bit ragged at the edges. 

I'm not too concerned because I think I can do a nifty repair job with a bit of matt medium.





4 comments

  1. Well done, how exciting. Mine didn't get in, so I'm feeling a bit gloomy. Reminding myself that is is the process that is supposed to be the point, not the recognition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avril, I've also got all the samples to stitch into a book including yours. Intrigued how the choice of entry was made. I think there are moves afoot to do something with those not selected though. That in itself could be exciting. Wish I ran a gallery!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.