Getting heavily into the lampshades at the back end of last year got me thinking about about doing more 3D work and I was exploring my photos to remind me what I have previously achieved.
And one little gem was this "Seize The Day" - a little concertina book I gave to a friend who I used to work with. Sadly we have lost touch.
The base of the base was a small sturdy box. I found that flimsy boxes curl when you use a lot IV PVA glue.
For the life of me I cannot recall the exact material I used to cover it, but I do recall I coloured with Brusho ink and stitched it before sticking it onto the box.
The concertina was lining paper - the sort you buy from a DIY store to cover up dodgy walls.
The pockets were pelmet vilene with texture added using gesso and a stencil. The colour was again brusho and I think the gesso was not quite dry so the colour bled into the texture. Additional embellishment was machine embroidery.
I think, but cannot be certain that the tags were a combination of bought and made - card and vilene.
Words were cut from magazines and assembled to make the sentences.
The finish used a combination of handmade and recycled beads. The 'band' holding the book shut was an old bracelet found in a charity shop.
I need to make a few more of these!
And to finish off this post, a little walk through 'Have a Heart', one of the most satisfying books I have done.