Well, I am glad to report that this afternoon I made progress. I might be getting there.
First of all I probably wasn't quite so tired as I was in the week - that might have helped. And I wound the quilt on a bit so that I was quilting on the patchwork rather than on the edging fabric.
So, what do you think?
Ok - I am not going to win a quilt show with this, but it will do.
Getting a bit adventurous (some might say cocky!)
I am not going to tempt fate and say that I have cracked it because I haven't. But at least I have managed some stitching.
Problems encountered today:-
- The bobbin ran out but because I am not looking at the control panel this was a bit of a shock!
- Reloading a bobbin with the machine on the quilt frame
- The upper thread kept breaking (need to do a bit of trouble shooting. This is not usually a problem I have when doing free machine quilting)
- The material bounces a bit - I have not quite got the 'level' of the machine on the frame right
I think that I may be getting there! Hooray!