Now it's not textiles and it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it helped give me some design ideas for the Horizons quilt I am working up in my mind.
So, I started with a couple of pages from an old recipe book.
First of all I put a layer of gesso on the paper.
Without letting it dry I sprayed the ink - blocking off the area I did not want covered (though it did run more than I had intended). The turquoise at the top, the yellow below.
Then I gave it a quick blast with a hairdryer before adding a lower layer of colour using a credit card and then over printing using a couple of old print blocks I made a couple of years ago.
I use cheap acrylic paint as you can see. It works fine for my needs.
Ok, so this is where I am up to. A couple of additional block prints and a layer between land and sky using a cheap pastel bougt the other day in Lidl (or it might have been Aldi!)
Hmm - promising. I will play with it some more.