Life can throw you a bit of a curve ball...

23 October 2013

'This is not supposed to be a diary about work!  The day job that oils the daily wheels.

The day job also drains me!  Just at the moment I am feeling very drained - so if anyone has any ideas for alternative employment, let me know!!

Added to that, you may also have spotted that occasionally guests of the four legged variety appear in my blog.

Let me introduce you.

First of all there is Whippet X.


Then there is Princess Mollyander Turandot Smartypants Turner Douglas (Molly to her friends!) 


And then there is the young upstart. Pigeon is a whippet so he is supposed to look this thin.



And the K Man - and here they all are , posing for the camera! ( Sorry, I don't have a picture of Koda on his own).



Whippet X is my constant companion - snoozing here while I type.

The others visit from time to time.

Well the Young Upstart recently gave us all a bit of a scare!  Have you ever heard of Canine Meningitis?  No, neither had I.  It's rare!  But it is very serious and to say that he was very poorly is an understatement.

A great vet and a stay in the animal hospital at Potters Bar, and so far so good.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

That came completely out of the blue - quite unexpected and very sudden.  So that's this month's curve ball  - I hope.

But do you know what?  Typing this is therapeutic.  I feel a bit better about the day job than I did when I started typing.  That's the power of blogging and,of course, the power of dogs.

11 comments

  1. I'm so glad your dog is OK! I've just been enjoying reading through your last few blog posts and am going to follow up on the links when I have more time. Your monoprinting examples may convince me to give it a go. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherrie - thanks he is on the mend. He is actually my sons dog. Sorry I did not make that very clear in the post. But I am very fond of him. Give the mono printing a go. I had no idea what all the fuss was about, but I could get hooked!!

      Delete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed that all the curved balls have been played. Love the group photo how on earth do you get them all to sit for the camera at the same time. Luv from Buster who is recovering from surgery and driving us all to drink trying to get him NOT to jump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wold like to tell you that it was all down to amazing dog training prowess, but I think that it was more down to luck. D bribery !! Hope poor Buster recovers soon. Young Pigeon is dong ok, but he hasn't got his full sparkle. No bounce back yet. It might take some time.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, very scary - glad all is well now. If it's any comfort, it's not much of a laugh this side of the employment/self-employment fence at the moment...sometimes I wish I had a job that was nothing to do with textiles, so I could get my hobby back and keep it all to myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary is the word! But poor little Pigeon is on the mend, though still very delicate and skinny (the drugs!)

      I know what self employment is like. I dream, but I do know the reality and I also know that if my art became my income, it might stop being my art!

      Delete
  4. That is some brood of dogs. Hope the poorly on eis well on the mend now. I've just been away at a conference with 150 great women, and that has done me the world of good. Sometimes you just need to put the day job in a box, do the things you love and then go back to opent he box. Easire said than done I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your conference post - fab carpet! Trouble is, when I get to go on any gigs like that it is full of blokes!! Yep, must not let the day job get to me! Still I am managing to keep creative!

      Delete
  5. Daw, what a bunch of 16 paws, 4 noses, a cyclone of wagginess, and 8 scritchable ears. Sigh, it's good to have friends!! Hope they continue to bring you cheer. As for thin whippets, we used to have a stick thin greyhound. The only one who didn't think he was underweight was the vet. Everybody used to think he looked like he needed a good meal, which of course, for him, was a good selling point. A few doleful looks at fellow dog walkers with biccies, and he was sure of a bonio-type feed (the dog gave the doleful looks, not me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabel - you make me laugh! Whippet X is a bit jealous. He always wants a good feed. Inside him there's a fat dog trying to get out!!

      Delete
  6. hope the sick dog is on the mend...I do feel for you. All the canines look gorgeous.....and keep blogging - good therapy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.